lauantai 27. kesäkuuta 2009

Version 0.1 is out

Wow it has been some time since I updated this blog. So what I've been up to? Mainly just banging my head against the wall with autotools. Up till last week I have never had to touch autotools. Sure I have compiled and installed some programs before with ./configure && make && make install -commands but not made a release out of something I wrote. Other issue was to get the resource-files available for banshee in a right way (one day I spent two hours messing around before I realized Addin.xml should have the first letter in lowercase *sigh*).

Anyway I got my little shoutcast-project now separated from the banshee-project. It's now a 'standalone' extension and more or less ready to be released. Even though the features I wanted to have are pretty much there, it still has many bugs and inconveniences in the user-interface.

You can download the tar-ball here.

In addition to having banshee you will need to have streamripper installed in your computer and found in PATH if you wish to use the ripping feature. I think autotools should check this in the future.


Installation:

The usual:
./configure && make

NOTE! make install won't do any good for now. It installs the .dll-file in to a wrong directory.
Instead you will have to manually copy the dll to /usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions with following command:

sudo cp banshee-shoutcast-extension/bin/Release/banshee-shoutcast-extension.dll /usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions/


Next I would like to do more writing code and less figuring out how to configure my project. First I want to write the background thread for updating channel-listing then I will tackle with some UI-issues I mentioned in previous post. Then I want to have my configure.ac's and Makefile.am's set straight. After I have this done there's going to be a new release.


If someone has a good idea what I should do with the make install part, I would be glad to hear it. Also if there's people trying out this release I would love to hear some comments.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti